International Scientific Symposium
"Musculoskeletal Diseases and Age"
October 21-22, 2021
Despite the irreparable loss incurred by the Ukrainian Association of Osteoporosis, the Ukrainian public and medical scientific and research community due to the recent death of prof. V. V. Povoroznyuk, the school of Ukrainian scientists tackling the problem of musculoskeletal diseases and among them osteoporosis, created by our Teacher, continues its endeavors.
With great pleasure, we would like to invite you to participate in the International Scientific Symposium "Musculoskeletal Diseases and Age" commemorating V.V. Povoroznyuk, which will take place October 21-22, 2021, in a virtual mode.
The meeting is organized by the Dmytro F. Chebotarev Institute of Gerontology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, the Ukrainian Association on Osteoporosis, and the Ukrainian Division of EVIDAS.
• Bone & joint diseases and age.
• Modern methods of osteoporosis diagnostics.
• Secondary osteoporosis.
• Osteoporosis in children: aspects of diagnosis and therapy.
• Correction of vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency - who needs it, when, to what extent, and for how long?
• Sarcopenia: mechanisms and diagnostics.
• Osteoarthritis: modern methods of diagnostics and treatment.
• Pain syndromes in geriatric orthopedics.
• Pathogenesis and modern treatment of the gout.
• Geriatric rheumo-orthopedics: specific therapeutic approaches.
• Opportunities for occupational therapy in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases.
The program will include the lectures on practical issues of prophylaxis and treatment of bone & joint diseases for physicians and researchers of Ukraine and other European countries.